RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- “Rising Star,” SuperLawyers
- Voted “Best Estate Planning Attorney,” Long Beach Beachcomber for 4 consecutive years! (2013-2017)
- Top Women Attorneys for Southern California
- LA Magazine Top Lawyers in Southern California
- Superb Rated Attorney, 10.0 – AVVO
- St. Thomas More Law Honor Society
- Loyola Law School: Dean List; First Honors Award in Legal Research and Writing; and Recipient of the Mabel Wilson Richards Scholarship
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Long Beach Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Lawyers of Long Beach (2006-present) and Past President for two terms (2008-2009 and 2013-2014)
- Member, Estate Planning and Trust Council of Long Beach (2006-present) and Past President for one two year term (2014-2016)
- Member, Executives Association of Long Beach (2014-present) and board member at large (2016-present)
- Member, All Cities Business and Finance Group
- Adjunct Professor at Cerritos College for paralegal courses (2009-2014)
- LAW SCHOOL: Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Juris Doctor degree, 2002
- BAR ADMISSIONS: California, 2003 and U.S. District Court, 2003
- UNDERGRAD/GRAD SCHOOL: California State University Dominguez Hills, Bachelors of Science degree, Public Administration, 1995 and Masters of Public Administration, honors in the major, 1997
I work for and am a partner at a Long Beach based law firm called TLD Law. TLD Law is short for Tredway, Lumsdaine & Doyle. My law practice allows me to serves a wide range of clients in all matters related to probate, trusts, estate planning, conservatorships, guardianships and related litigation. I also handle as part of my law practice pre and post death administration for clients serving as personal representatives, executors and trustees for trusts and estates.
I am hired by clients to draft their wills, trusts and explain how these documents work. Clients also hire me to help them handle matters when people pass away and probate needs to be opened or trusts need to administered. I do not charge for a consult or the first meeting. I want to make sure that clients like me and we can work together. I am always happy to arrange for a first meeting in person in my office to ensure that I can help you and quote what the flat fee or explain how the hourly fee structure would be.
In general, estate planning work like drafting and executing wills and trusts are often done on a flat fee basis so that you know what the charges will be and do not have to worry about high attorney billing rates. My approach to estate planning is top notch. I work with you to ensure that you and your loved ones to fully understand why estate planning is important and how it works.
To provide a brief explanation, estate planning starts with a revocable living trust, pour over wills, durable powers of attorney and advance health care directives. Then there is a discussion about guardians for minor children and then figuring out what assets should become vested in the revocable living trust and discussions on how and why to fund those assets into the trust. Estate planning clients typically begin and complete their estate planning within a 4 to 6 week period. This way everyone is working hard on a common goal to ensure that the client and their families are protected from a probate or other difficult administration upon death.
To summarize, I have over 15 years of legal practice experience and even more practical experience when my parents died young leaving me to handle their affairs without properly drafted documents. I draft about 2 to 3 estate plans each week and meet with clients Monday through Friday. My court practice includes about 30 active probates and related litigation matters at any given time. My experience and tenacity has allowed clients to have their court matters resolved as quickly as possible given the statutory time periods. I also handles contested matters when families or other loved ones are fighting over a trust or a will.
For a no charge consult, you can email me at jsawday (a) tldlaw.com or call TLD Law and ask for my assistant Carona at (562) 923-0971.